Jewish life, JCC-style.
We’re dedicated to promoting and strengthening Jewish life and values through our programs and services. We encourage everyone to enhance their knowledge, interest and enjoyment of Jewish culture and life through exciting and enriching family events, children’s programming, lectures, concerts, and community partnerships. Everyone seeking to build Jewish identity and education has an excellent resource in the JCC.
- Jewish education offerings such as On Life and Death: Jewish Law, Bioethics and Presence; Breaking Bad: A Jew and Christian Wrestle with Sin in the Bible
- Gallery Walk – expressive art exhibits featuring Jewish themes or elements
- ENGAGE! An Evening of Jewish Learning – presented by the St. Paul JCC and Talmud Torah of St. Paul
- RAJE (Random Acts of Jewish Education) – Jewish education and engagement offerings by JCC staff, members and St. Paul Jewish community members
- Rohr Jewish Learning Institute offering several courses throughout the year in partnership with Chabad
- Traditions Wall – showcasing Jewish holidays, cultural programs and events
- Israeli and holiday related food sales
EARLY CHILDHOOD, YOUTH AND FAMILY
- Morah Tracey – Early Childhood Jewish values, Mishnah and holiday-based learning
- Music with Wendy – Weekly preschool Jewish holiday and Hebrew language music program
- Early Childhood special events including Grandparent Shabbat, holiday celebrations, monthly mitzvah projects
- Sheva – JCCA’s early childhood education and family engagement programming
- Mor Music – Weekly afterschool program learning and fun with our Israeli Shlichah
- Camp Butwin – Village values Jewish education learning, Shabbat celebrations and Israeli Shlichim specialty staff enhancing Israel programming and Israeli culture
- Teen mitzvah trips
JEWISH COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
- Yom Ha’atzmaut – Israel Independence Day Celebration
- Twin Cities Jewish Book Series
- Twin Cities Jewish Film Fest
- Twin Cities Jewish Humor Fest
- Team Minnesota – JCC Maccabi Games
- Jewish Youth Leadership St. Paul Educators (JYLSP) – collaborative Jewish education enrichment programming with the St. Paul JCC, area synagogues and Talmud Torah
- Partnership 2Gether with the St. Paul Jewish Federation featuring programs like the recent Teen Mifgash – teen connection and education program
- Passover for All – Community outreach providing Kosher for Passover food and supplies to families in need, in partnership with Jewish Family Service of St. Paul
- RAJMN/ Genesis – Jewish family programming for Russian/American families
- Shlichah – Each year, we bring in an Israeli Emissary from Sovev-Kinneret, St. Paul’s Partnership Region in Israel, to our Center. Our shlichah works with the Early Childhood Center, and also educates members about Israel, focusing on its meaning as both a nation and a cultural crossroads.
- Training for new full time employees providing overview of cultural Judaism practice and holiday observances
- Monthly Jewish education at staff meetings
- Monthly Early Childhood Lunch & Learn continuing education
- Camp Butwin Jewish education curriculum workbook
- Yom Hashoah: Yom Hashoah is Holocaust Remembrance Day. Each year, the St. Paul JCC partners with community synagogues and Jewish organizations to commemorate the day.
- Yom Hazikaron: Yom Hazikaron is Israel’s Memorial Day, a day to commemorate the many fallen Israeli soldiers.
- Yom Ha’atzmaut: Israel’s Independence Day. The St. Paul JCC and our partner center, the Sabes JCC, alternate hosting the community celebration every year.
RAJE (Random Acts Of Jewish Education) are a series of experiential learning and engagement opportunities for St. Paul JCC members provided throughout the year by JCC staff and community partners. These 90 minute “drop-by” opportunities are fun, easy and thoughtful ways for our members to learn about Jewish Holidays, Jewish Community Events and Jewish Culture. You never know when or about what we might be RAJE-ing, Join Us!
Questions about Jewish Practice?
We’ve collected some of our favorite “everything you need to know about Judaism” websites, just for you!
kveller.com – Families
challahcrumbs.com – Families
jcca.org/jcc-association-israel-office– A view from Israel
http://forward.com– Jewish News
http://www.myjewishlearning.com – Great basic information
http://www.aish.com/jewish-calendar/Jewish_Calendar.html – Jewish Calendar