Thursday, November 19
On November 18, Governor Walz announced a new round of coronavirus restrictions as COVID-19 continues its rapid spread throughout the state. These restrictions include the closing of all indoor fitness centers beginning Saturday, November 21 and are planned to last four weeks.
The JCC Fitness and Aquatics facilities are now closed (effective 11/21).
We will continue to offer a wide range of virtual programming to the entire community through OUR VIRTUAL JCC. In addition, virtual fitness programming will be available exclusively to JCC members.
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. Our decision as to when and how to reopen will be based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Minnesota Department of Public Health, local health officials and our JCC leadership. We will keep you updated along the way.
Tuesday, August 18
Thank you for your partnership and enthusiasm in helping us to stay open safely! Over the past two months, we have loved seeing so many of you come back to the J and your feedback has been so helpful.
WHAT IS OPEN:
- Early Childhood
- School Aged Childcare
- The Fitness Center for use of the cardio, weight machines and open space
- Small Group and Personal Training
- Group exercise classes, both in-person and virtually
- The Pool for lane swim, group water exercise, and water walking
- Plus, we are now taking it outdoors (until Mother Nature tells us otherwise!), with a wide range of outdoor group exercise classes. Click here to see your favorite classes taught by your favorite instructors.
As we approach Fall, we will continue our phased approach to reopening as we follow the advice of the CDC and MDH.
Starting September 8, we will have:
- Expanded hours:
- Monday –Thursday • 5:30 AM – 8 PM
- Friday • 5:30 AM – 6 PM
- Saturday & Sunday • 7 AM – 6 PM
- Additional early morning Group Ex Classes, both in-person at the J and Virtual
- Private Swim Lessons
- More Specialty Fitness Classes
In addition to our in-person programming, we continue to offer a wide range of virtual experiences – speakers, book discussions, art exhibitions, and more. Please make sure to visit our website for schedules and information regarding reservations for select programs.
The role of the JCC has always been to be the place that people can gather – where people welcome and take care of one another. That continues to be our mission and we are working hard to keep us all connected and provide a safe and healthy space for you and your families.