Lifeguard Course – Blended Learning
December 16, 2018 -
December 31, 2018
1:00 PM - 2 PM
Event Schedule: Sun, Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri
Learn to save a life, both in and out of the water. This course covers in-water lifesaving skills as well as CPR/AED, and First Aid for adults, children and infants. A swimming Pre-Test and photo ID are required on the first day. Participants should wear comfortable clothing, bring a swim suit and towel each day and provide their own snacks and water bottle. Participants must be age 15 by the last day of class.
Class meets on Sunday, December 16 @ 1pm or Wednesday, December19 @ 7pm for pre-test.
Class meeting times:
Wednesday, Decdember 26 – 8am-1pm
Thursday, December 27 – 8am – 1pm
Friday, December 28 – 8am – 1pm
Monday, December – 8am – 1pm
This is a Blended learning class and participants will be responsible to complete an online portion before coming to class.
– Must be age 15 by last day of class
– Must bring driver’s license or photo ID for proof of age and name on the frist day of class
– Must attend all classes
– Must pass in-water pre-test to continue in course
Skill 1 – Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl or breaststroke and demonstrate breath control and rotary breathing. Swimming on side or back is not allowed. Goggles may be used for this portion.
Skill 2 – tread water for 2 minutes using legs only. Hands must be placed in armpits.
Skill 3 – Complete a timed event in 1 minute and 40 seconds. Goggles are not allowed for this portion.
– Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using any stroke.
– Surface dive to a depth of 7-10ft, retrieve a 10 lb object, and then return to surface.
– Swim to the starting point on your back with both hands on the object, using your legs to kick. Face should be at or near the surface.
Exit water without using the ladder and stand up.