Safely welcoming you back to the Health & Wellness Center.
We will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by the CDC and MDH and are doing everything we can to ensure that we are creating a safe and healthy environment for all who enter our doors.
Based on the conditions set forth by the Governor, we are open at 50%, require members to maintain 6 ft. of physical distancing while exercising and wear a face mask at all times.
MONDAY – THURSDAY • 5:30 AM – 8 PM
FRIDAY • 5:30 AM – 6 PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY • 7 AM – 6 PM
The JCC will be closed from 1:30 – 2:30 PM each day for deep cleaning and disinfecting.
WHAT IS OPEN
- The Fitness Center is open for use of the cardio, weight machines and open space. The equipment is spaced to comply with safe social distancing. We will have additional staff on the fitness floor to assist with social distancing and to ensure a positive experience.
- The locker rooms will be available for members to use. Please know there is no towel service at this time so please bring a towel. The lockers in the hallways outside the gym will still be available for your shoes and small belongings.
- In-person and virtual Personal Training; reservations are required.
- In-person Group Exercise
- Virtual Programming is available HERE.
- Walking Track
- Aquatics Center – Lap swim, adult water walking and whirlpool. Make a reservation HERE
WHAT IS CLOSED
- Sauna and Steam Room
- J Care
Reservations are no longer required for the Fitness Center, but will still be required for Group Ex classes and the Aquatic Center.
- Schedule of classes is available HERE
- Reservations are required HERE
- Click HERE to learn how to make a reservation
GUEST AND RECIPROCITY
- Guests of members are allowed
- JCC Reciprocity with the Sabes JCC will still be honored
- Members and Staff will be asked to perform a Health Screening prior to entering the JCC each time they visit.
- How are you feeling today?
- Do you have a temperature?
- Do you have a cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste, sore throat?
- Have you been outside of the US in the past 2 weeks?
- Have you been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Members will scan their own membership cards to gain access to the facility
- No cash will be accepted. Credit card only
- To ensure that we do not exceed our capacity, you will be admitted no more than 5 minutes prior to your reservation; please arrive less than 5 minutes before your scheduled reservation to check in at the Welcome Center.
- Check in at the desk when you arrive at the Fitness Center.
- The fitness team is happy to assist you if you have any questions about using the Fitness Center.
- Workout spaces, the barbell platform, machines, etc, are for use by one person at a time, not pairs or groups. Even if another member of your household has a reservation at the same time as you, please plan solitary workouts to assist us in compliance.
- As before, there will be no reservations available at 1:30 PM. We will observe our 1:30 PM facility closure that lasts one hour. We use this time to deep-clean our facility and do necessary upkeep and daily maintenance. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- Face Masks are now required at all times, including when you are working out.
- Exercising in a mask can feel like training in higher altitudes. To safely exercise when wearing a face mask, please:
- listen to your body and adjust your intensity level, as your body adapts.
- Pace yourself, be aware of your heart rate, and take breaks.
- Cloth or moisture-wicking polyester masks typically work best when exercising. Paper or surgical masks tend to break down from sweat. Please do not wear an N-95 mask while exercising. Bring a spare mask to replace the one you wear while exercising.
- Exercising in a mask can feel like training in higher altitudes. Pace yourself, be aware of your heart rate, and take breaks.
- Fitness Team will be here to assist you with your workout to ensure you are exercising in a safe manner.
- Click HERE for How To Wear Your Mask
- The JCC is closed from 1:30 – 2:30 PM each day for deep cleaning and disinfecting.
- Hours have been adjusted to allow the entire facility to be deep cleaned and disinfected again prior to opening.
- Continuous disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the Fitness Center.
- Equipment is disinfected after each use by our staff team (even if the participant disinfects the equipment).
- Drinking fountains are turned off; paper cups are provided near the bottle filling stations.
- Six feet: Please keep six feet of space between you and others as you walk through the building
- You will notice increased spacing between equipment and within workout areas to allow for appropriate social distancing
- To maintain appropriate distancing, there are signs on some machines indicating that they are out of use; please choose another machine
- Please observe social distancing guidelines while in our locker rooms
- The lockers in the hallways will be available for member use
- Please wear your mask when not using the showers in our locker rooms
- Towels will not be available, please remember to bring your own
- Steam and Sauna will remain closed
- Every other shower and lockers will be marked as closed to ensure we are practicing social distancing and keeping everyone safe.
STAFF PROCEDURES AND TRAINING
All staff have received extensive training on the new protocols we have in place.
RESPONSE IF PEOPLE ARE SICK
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the JCC, staff leadership will follow the guidance from the Health Department that includes protocols for closing, investigating, cleaning and reopening.
- The JCC will communicate quickly and transparently.
- COVID Exposure Response