Safely welcoming you back to the Health & Wellness Center
The opening of the Shaller Family Health and Wellness Facilities will be cautiously done in phases, allowing for a safe transition to assess our processes and make modifications to ensure best practices along the way. The Fitness Center opened on June 24 and additional facilities, programming and amenities will follow – also in a phased approach. It is always our goal to create a safe and healthy environment for our members and staff.
Sunday 7 AM to 6 PM
Monday 5:30 AM to 8 PM
Tuesday 5:30 AM to 8 PM
Wednesday 5:30 AM to 8 PM
Thursday 5:30 AM to 8 PM
Friday 5:30 AM – 6 PM
Saturday 7 AM – 6 PM
The JCC will be closed from 1:30 – 2:30 PM each day for deep cleaning and disinfecting
WHAT IS OPEN
- The Fitness Center is open for use of the cardio, weight machines and open space
- The equipment is spaced to comply with safe social distancing and machines will be rotated on a hourly basis
- We will have additional staff on the fitness floor to assist with social distancing and to ensure a positive experience
- Initially the locker rooms will be closed. Members will have access to restrooms and hand washing sinks; there will be no access to the rest of the locker rooms. The lockers in the hallways outside the gym will be available for your shoes and small belongings
- In-person and virtual group exercise; reservations are required
- In-person and virtual Personal Training; reservations are required
- Lap swimming, whirlpool, a modified Water Exercise schedule, adult water walking in our recreational pool; limit of four (4) people at a time in the pool. Please enter pool through the Aquatics Lounge.
- Private Swim Lessons. Learn more HERE
- All-Gender locker rooms for pool users only
- Virtual Programming is available HERE
WHAT IS CLOSED
- Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms; Showers, Lockers, Sauna and Steam Room
- Running/Walking Track
- Recreation Pool for families – including slide and water features
- J Care
- Class size will be adapted to accommodate safe social distancing
- Schedule of classes is available HERE
- Reservations are required HERE
- Click HERE to learn how to make a reservation
- Bring your own towel, water bottle and mat (these will not be provided)
OPENING IN PHASES
The JCC will continue to monitor the success of our phased approach to reopening and will determine when additional amenities and activities will be able to open and in what order. We will keep you informed of any updates.
GUEST AND RECIPROCITY
- We are prioritizing use of the Fitness Center for our members at this time, therefore no guests will be admitted
- JCC Reciprocity with the Sabes JCC will still be honored
- Members and Staff will be asked to perform a Health Screening prior to entering the JCC each time they visit.
- How are you feeling today?
- Do you have a temperature?
- Do you have a cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste, sore throat?
- Have you been outside of the US in the past 2 weeks?
- Have you been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Members will scan their own membership cards to gain access to the facility
- Program registration and information desk will be relocated inside the main hallway
- No cash will be accepted. Credit Card only
- JCC staff are required to wear a face mask at all times, except while teaching Group Exercise Classes
- Everyone over the age of 6 must wear a face mask when inside the building, except for when they are working out or in the pool
- Face masks must be worn on in the fitness center when moving through the space – from machine to machine, class to class etc.
- The entire facility will be deep cleaned and disinfected again prior to opening
- The JCC is closed from 1:30 – 2:30 PM each day for deep cleaning and disinfecting
- Continuous disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the Fitness Center
- Equipment is disinfected after each use by our staff team (even if the participant disinfects the equipment)
- Hours have been adjusted to allow for overnight deep cleaning
- Drinking fountains are turned off; paper cups are provided near the bottle filling stations
- You will notice increased spacing between equipment and within workout areas to allow for appropriate social distancing
- Please observe social distancing norms and try to stay at least 6 feet away from other members
- The Men’s & Women’s Locker Rooms are currently closed
- The All Gender Locker Room is open for swimmers only.
- Members will have access to restrooms and hand washing sinks in the Men’s & Women’s Locker Rooms
- The lockers in the hallways will be available for member use
- Please come ready to work out; change your street shoes and place them in the hallway lockers
- Towels will not be available, please remember to bring your own
STAFF PROCEDURES AND TRAINING
All staff have received extensive training on the new protocols we have in place.
RESPONSE IF PEOPLE ARE SICK
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the JCC, staff leadership will follow the guidance from the Health Department that includes protocols for closing, investigating, cleaning and reopening
- The JCC will communicate quickly and transparently
- COVID Exposure Response