Safely welcoming you back to the Health & Wellness Center
The opening of the Shaller Family Health and Wellness Facilities will be cautiously done in phases, allowing for a safe transition to assess our processes and make modifications to ensure best practices along the way. The Fitness Center will open on June 24, 2020 and additional facilities, programming and amenities will follow – also in a phased approach. It is always our goal to create a safe and healthy environment for our members and staff.
PHASE I – FITNESS CENTER | JUNE 24
Monday - Thursday • 7 AM to 8 PM The JCC will be closed from 1:30 - 2:30 PM each day, for deep cleaning and disinfecting. SATURDAY, JULY 4 • 7 AM - 1 PM
Friday, Saturday, Sunday • 7 AM to 6 PM
Monday - Thursday • 7 AM to 8 PM
The JCC will be closed from 1:30 - 2:30 PM each day, for deep cleaning and disinfecting.
SATURDAY, JULY 4 • 7 AM - 1 PM
PHASE II – GROUP EXERCISE | JULY 5
Group Ex Classes available in person and virtually. Class size is limited and reservations are required. Click here to make a reservation.
PHASE III & IV – TBD
GUESTS & RECIPROCITY
- We are prioritizing use of the Fitness Center for our members at this time, therefore no guests will be admitted
- JCC Reciprocity with the Sabes JCC will still be honored
- Members and Staff will be asked to perform a Health Screening prior to entering the JCC each time they visit.
- How are you feeling today?
- Do you have a temperature?
- Do you have a cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste, sore throat?
- Have you been outside of the US in the past 2 weeks?
- Have you been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Members will scan their own membership cards to gain access to the facility
- Program registration and information desk will be relocated inside the main hallway
- No cash will be accepted. Credit Card only
- JCC staff are required to wear a face mask at all times, except while teaching Group Exercise Classes
- Everyone over the age of 6 must wear a face mask when inside the building, except for when they are working out
Click here to make reservations for Group Ex classes
- The entire facility will be deep cleaned and disinfected again prior to opening
- The JCC is closed from 1:30 – 2:30 PM each day for deep cleaning and disinfecting
- Continuous disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the Fitness Center
- Equipment is disinfected after each use by our staff team (even if the participant disinfects the equipment)
- Hours have been adjusted to allow for overnight deep cleaning
- Drinking fountains are turned off; paper cups are provided near the bottle filling stations
- You will notice increase spacing between equipment and within workout areas to allow for appropriate social distancing
- Please observe social distancing norms and try to stay at least 6 feet away from other members
- Initially, the locker rooms will be closed
- Members will have access to restrooms and hand washing sinks
- The lockers in the hallways will be available for member use
- Please come ready to work out; change your street shoes and place them in the hallway lockers
- Towels will not be available, please remember to bring your own
STAFF PROCEDURES AND TRAINING
All staff have received extensive training on the new protocols we have in place.
RESPONSE IF PEOPLE ARE SICK
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the JCC, staff leadership will follow the guidance from the Health Department that includes protocols for closing, investigating, cleaning and reopening
- The JCC will communicate quickly and transparently